News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Latest Russian Federation medal purchases

TacHel

How hard are the Bravery medals to come by? Would love to have at least one of those at some point. Also do they still have the MMM's? :unsure::beer:

Dan :cheers:

Finding them is easy on Russian auction sites... Outside of Russia, good luck! And they're VERY DIFFICULT to get out of Russia proper. And they are getting VERY EXPENSIVE for only one reason, the law against exportation of such things... They're not really worth it, they really dished these out like hotcakes during 10 years in the Caucasus.

The MMM?

Finding them is easy on Russian auction sites... Outside of Russia, good luck! And they're VERY DIFFICULT to get out of Russia proper. And they are getting VERY EXPENSIVE for only one reason, the law against exportation of such things... They're not really worth it, they really dished these out like hotcakes during 10 years in the Caucasus.

The MMM?

Many thanks for the info on the Bravery medal. The MMM is the Military Merit medal aka: Combat medal:

post-873-1245723903_thumb.jpg

I "think" I've seen it without the CCCP but couldn't remember for sure. :beer:

post-3030-1245724437_thumb.jpg

This is what you saw... And keep seeing on evilbay advertised as the real thing.

It is in fact a worthless piece of garbage. It's a merit award from the VOOV Combat Brotherhood veterans' organization.

post-3030-1245724556_thumb.jpg

This is the ONLY (Russian Armed Forces / Defense Mininistry) award specifically for participation in combat operations. It's a breast badge worn on the right breast.

NOTE: this would've been a really good post in the Russian section.

post-3030-1245724437_thumb.jpg

This is what you saw... And keep seeing on evilbay advertised as the real thing.

It is in fact a worthless piece of garbage. It's a merit award from the VOOV Combat Brotherhood veterans' organization.

post-3030-1245724556_thumb.jpg

This is the ONLY (Russian Armed Forces / Defense Mininistry) award specifically for participation in combat operations. It's a breast badge worn on the right breast.

NOTE: this would've been a really good post in the Russian section.

Many thanks! :beer: That is indeed the one I remembered seeing. If I ever found one for cheap I wouldn't mind having one as an example of this. Will have to keep my eye out. Would love the Bravery/Valor but will have to keep my eye out for one at a good price as well... if one ever turns up. :unsure:

Very nice medals like the State Decoration, Medal for Bravery the best for being an armor guy :cheers:

Lorenzo

i got one of those 'voov' combat brother vetrans merit medals for about ?10 from a dealer i know! For ?10 is is is a very good quality award even if it is a tad worthless in other ways. It came with an award document.

i got one of those 'voov' combat brother veterans merit medals for about ?10 from a dealer i know! For ?10 is is is a very good quality award even if it is a tad worthless in other ways. It came with an award document.

Watch out for those award documents... I've caught many Eastern Europeans making false ones and inserting the names of ministries in them in order to get higher prices for worthless junk. eBay is rife with them!

I'm posting a thread on it real soon in the Russian Federation section.