News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dan, I love these PRAO's, and have several. The variation in the painting of the eagle as well as the numerous different manufacturers make these very interesting. Too bad that higher grades of the order have become so pricey in recent years. I'm still looking for a reasonably priced second class for my collection.

Dan, I love these PRAO's, and have several. The variation in the painting of the eagle as well as the numerous different manufacturers make these very interesting. Too bad that higher grades of the order have become so pricey in recent years. I'm still looking for a reasonably priced second class for my collection.

Sure hope you find one before too long! :beer: My problem is I LOVE :love::love: the enameled Orders more than anything... and of course they're generally the most expensive. :( How I'd dearly love a Hohenzollern Order, an Order of the Crown and an Order of the Zahringer Lion. But probably going to have to settle for copies as I fear they are all well beyond my budget. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 11 months later...

A bit of additional info on this one. It's made by Friedländer and dates to WW1. I'd asked Andreas (Andreas M. Schulze Ising) about it. He got me to check for markings and sure enough there's an FR between the top and right hand arms of the cross on the main circular part of the award. Again a shame about the enamel damage but A) had it not been for that I'd have not been able to afford it, B) I'm love underdogs and C) ones like this have definitely seen alot more history than one that sat in a case in a drawer all these years.jumping.gifjumping.gif

Many thanks to Andreas for his help on this one!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Edited by Hauptman