News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Great Patritic War FAKE or REAL?

It's weird that the screw is not exactly in the center, but other than that, the order seems to be good. But to be sure I would definately ask for some better scans / photos. I can't even make out the serial number.

Shouldn`t the numbers be smaller?

It is exactly as it should be within this variation. Apart from the strange displaced screw the reverse look fine, but these photos are still not very good, and I would like to see the obverse.

Although the pictures are still not great, it looks original. Apparently someone has disassembled the order though and put it back together incorrect - the Red Star with the hammer and sickle should be turned 72 degrees counterclockwise, but this can be fixed.

Thank you for the photos, Ferdinand!

P.S. Which scanner do you use? :rolleyes:

P.P.S. If you look at "my" order you can see that the star on the reverse is also "gold-plated". That`s a little bit disturbing, if you ask me.

Edited by Befehl227

The more I look at it, the weirder the disalignment looks. Normally, the red star falls right in the indentations of the gold rayed star, but since the rayed star partially covers the sabre hilt, that can't be the case. A nice clear 90 degrees side shot should confirm this. Also, the six-sided nut is not original.

What about the order? It`s a little bit confusing that the star on the reverse is also "gold-plated" on some points!

It's strange, but not really to worry about, I guess...

Edited by Ferdinand