News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgium Orders - genuine or fakes ?

Hello Gentlemen.

I have posted a similar thread on the European Medals: France forum, and the topic is the same here. I picked up these medals a few years ago because I think they are beautiful awards, but now I think I need to find out if they are genuine or fakes. I would appreciate your comments and opinions. If you need me to get better / closer please let me know.

regards

Thomas

Thomas,

Imo, and I am not the authority here on Belgian awards, all three appear original and the Leopold II and Crown Orders appear to be WWI related. I suppose the Leo II (unilingual) could be WWII. Keep in mind that they are in essence, long service awards and may have been awarded years later. The crossed swords indicate a WWI veteran and the Albert palm indicates war service related (mentioned in dispatches).

I don't know enough on the third one to make an informed comment and will leave that one to someone else. Look nice!

Tim

Hi,

These are all perfectly fine Belgian medals.

From left to right:

Knight in the Order of Leopold 2, with palm on the ribbon, cypher on palm is an "A" for King ALbert.

Given for a MID during the Great War.

Knight in the Order of the Crown with crossed swords..

Starting in 1939, all war veterans could apply for a promotion in the national orders every 10 years, as national gratitude for their war services.

The orders given in this context have the crossed swrords on the ribbon.

Special Labour Decoration, given to workers who were active in Labour Unions, and other labour-linked organisations.

Best regards

Jan

Edited by Vatjan

It's a very nice Belgium WW1 War Cross with palm.

I have a nice War Cross like that but the palm is missing... :(

Any idea where I might find one?

Edited by TacHel

Thank you Gentlemen. I appreciate your help. I posted another medal in the France thread that should have been here. I shall post the scan below. Opinions on this one would be greatly appreciated too.

regards

Thomas

I fully agree with Vatjan. Nice medals. :D

It's a very nice Belgium WW1 War Cross with palm.

I have a nice War Cross like that but the palm is missing... :(

Any idea where I might find one?

TacHel,

I'll keep my eyes open as I search for a gilt one that I need for a Leopold I; appreciate the same if you get lucky! ;)

Tim :beer: