News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

identification

hi,

I got a Bulgarian medal, a current one. it is silvered with a peace bird on the obverse. the ribbon is sky blue, with the colors of Bulgaria on the right side. it is for "participation to mission" or something equivalent.

is anyone can help me.

jacques

This is the closest I can come up with. But the national colors are in the center. This is the medal For Peace & friendship between Bulgaria & USSR. It's the only medal I can find that has a peace bird (dove), but it is gilt, not silver.

Guest Rick Research

I think if Jacques got it where he is, it is CURRENT and we have no references for the last 5 years or so After The Change.

Hi guys,

thanks for the answer. It is not the same medal, but it looks very close.the design changed but is familiar, and the ribbon's colours are the same except the Bulgarian colours which are now on the right.

In fact, I'm currently in Afghanistan and I just have been awarded with this medal. all is written in syrilic and I can't read it. I'll take pics and them here, with the document.

jacques

Guest Rick Research

Jacques-- they actually made your name come out very well in Cyrillic!

From Minister of Defense Nikolai Tsonev, this is described as "The Badge 'For Participation in Missions,'" and the text refers to ISAF, Kabul.

That's about as much as I can "cheat" with my Russian.

Exceptionally nice looking document!

Now... for the long weary process of getting YOUR bureaucracy to allow wearing this! (Daniel has still not got his Italian one for Bosnia....)

:cheers: