News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is the latest addition to my HSK collection,and probably the rarest i have seen so far.It is a complete tombak piece,including the globe and has a reverse set up that is attributed to Paul Meybauer.

Sadly,the catch is missing on this example and the badge shows considerable wear,but still i nice one to have,as it it the only one i have seen to date.

This is also the only example of a HSK badge i have seen with a cut-out swastika.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

The reverse shows the Meybauer type pin.Mike K noted that the "cuts" on the edges of the wreath are nicely done hand filing/finishing details indicating that someone had way too much on their hands and were not filling an order in the 100's.

This could suggest that the badge was produced in small numbers by the maker,hence it's rarity?

Regards,Martin.

Hi Martin!

Very nice and the first one of these I have seen. :jumping:

Perhaps a very early made badge, back when the guys in the shop had time to take and make a quality product! Either way, a nice collector's piece no doubt!

Tim

Thanks Tim & Gordon for your comments.I do feel very fortunate to have this one.

Here are images of the Meybauer Minesweeper that Gordon mentioned.This badge is from the collection of Mark McShane.The cut out swastika can be clearly seen here on the obverse.

Martin.

Edited by mwestley

Here is the reverse of the Minesweeper.The outline is very similar to that of the Hilfskreuzer badge,with the same type of cuts on the edges of the wreath.It probably had the same hand finishing as the HSK badge.

The hinge and mainpin are virtually identical.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

Looks good Martin!

I don't remember ever noticing a Meybauer style KM badge before, but I am not keeping up as much as I once did either, prices are just beyond my desire any more. Nice pair of badges!!

Tim

Thanks Martin,

Just not as impressive as that Aux Cruiser though. I think I need to invent a time machine, go back and find the designer of the destroyer badge, beat his ***, buy him a beer and then really design a badge!! :P

Thanks again, you're a lucky man to have those

Tim

In any case, very nice example Martin. Now you have ruined my entire day since I thought there were only three examples in tombak--SB, Juncker, and Mayer. Now this!!!!

Good for you Martin--where did you find it?

John

Edited by John Robinson

John,

i found it at WAF. :rolleyes:

Cheers,Martin.

Martin, now you have gone and done it, really hit below the belt. You are right, it was even commented upon by myself of all people as a "one of a kind" badge. My hat is off to you for knowing your KM badges, matching up the entire badge to known Meybauer examples in other badges, and discovering a new badge. A big discovery as far the KM badges go and good work.

You have a good eye and it is great when a collector can connect the dots like what you have just done.

John