News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 3 weeks later...

It could also be for recruiting - either way, excellent cap!

Don

Hello!

Gordon

This Cap is in Amazing condition.Congrats and thanks for showing.I have never seen this colour before ( Feldgendarmerie ).

All the best

Nesredep.

It could also be for recruiting - either way, excellent cap!

Don

Possible, but unlikely I think as I'd guess this is a wartime rather than prewar cap and Recruiting changed from Orange to White in 1939. It could however possibly be corps of Engineers which went to Orange from 39 to 42. Given that Feldgendarmerie was Orange all the way through, its still the most likely, statistically.

I take the point though. I think we all tend to assume the colour relates to the branch we are most interested in. When was the last time anyone listed a pink piped cap as for staff of a Tire Depot, Motor Park, or Motor Testing unit. No they are all Panzer :rolleyes:

Its a natural instinct to assume what we pick up is for the best possible unit with that colour. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Orange in the Waffen-SS was Recruiting, Feldgendarmerie and Technical Services. This was after the reorganization of April 1942 (effective June 1942). I'm thinking though that orange was the same before and after the reorganization.

Bob