News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy - Stick pins

Thought I would show a few examples of Italian stick pins I have accquired over the years. They cover various periods and I apologise if my identification is not completely accrate.

This first one is made of a silver coloured alloy and is completely unmarked. I believe it to be for Infantry and bears the Royal crown between the crossed rifles.

This one I believe to be a postwar unoffical Armour badge. Yellow metal and enamel construction, again unmarked.

Although the scan doesn't show it this is a very well made pin. Does anyone know what the abbreviation 'A.N.C.L' stands for?

My magpie instincts are to blame for this foray into Italian badges and whilst not as well made as their German counterparts I still like them.

Anymore out there Gentlemen and any ideas on the backing colours used on two of them. Another thing I would be interested in would be makers marks or are they all unmarked? :cheers:

Hello,

the "ANCI" badge, is a lapel membership's pin of the Associazione Nazionale Carristi d'Italia; the association grouping retired and former members of the Armoured Troops. It is after the design of the tank driver's badge.

Best wishes,

Enzo

• 2 weeks later...

This next one I believe to be Signals. Yellow metal construction with a reddish orange background. Again unmarked.

Does anyone know the significance of the backing colour please?

H

i, This one is for Engineers. The backin' color is Cremisi (crimson). This color is for Engineers.

Other badge, with yellow back, is for 'Regia Guardia di Finanzza' (Royal Economic and Financial Police). The cross in the circle, is for School.

IP

H

i, This one is for Engineers. The backin' color is Cremisi (crimson). This color is for Engineers.

Other badge, with yellow back, is for 'Regia Guardia di Finanzza' (Royal Economic and Financial Police). The cross in the circle, is for School.

IP

Many thanks for the info, more questions answered.