News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need some help identifying some middle eastern metal badges

This Insignia is for the Beret for the arab unity of the Arab Republic, the stars are removed or have been painted over for The colors may have been used for the Arab country Yemen???

Or could have been altarted to show Arab Unity for the Baath.

Lorenzo

I recently aquired these badges and have no idea what country or units they are for. I'm thinking either Iraqi or Egyptian but that is as far as it gos.

Any help appreciated,

Garth

Iraqi Armor Badge for Image is of a T54-55

Lorenzo

This Insignia is for The Iraqi Thunder Troops:

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo, these are actually Egyptian. The Thunder Badge is quite similar to the Iraqi version except that the Egyptian model has the black enamel tab.Bob (bmsm) has an article about these in JOMSA. He just sent me info this week as I too thought that they might be Iraqi. The Hat badge with no stars is Egyptian as well, probably the other badges too. Scott.

Hi Lorenzo, these are actually Egyptian. The Thunder Badge is quite similar to the Iraqi version except that the Egyptian model has the black enamel tab.Bob (bmsm) has an article about these in JOMSA. He just sent me info this week as I too thought that they might be Iraqi. The Hat badge with no stars is Egyptian as well, probably the other badges too. Scott.

Scott

Thank you so much for the information, they are very beautiful don't you think. I wish they were Iraqi Pieces:

Lorenzo

Scott

what do you think about mine is it Iraqi???

Lorenzo

Judging from the safety pin backing I think that yours is Iraqi. The Egyptian ones that I saw had a different pin back. You should ask Bob, he really knows these things. Scott.

Judging from the safety pin backing I think that yours is Iraqi. The Egyptian ones that I saw had a different pin back. You should ask Bob, he really knows these things. Scott.

His connection in Iraq is a real help:

Lorenzo

Is the Egyptian one (the armor DI) from the 1960s-70s?

I am not sure but they are very nice pieces:

Lorenzo

Looks like we are on the proper trail, here is a picture of the back of the Thunder Troops badge. From all the comments I would think these badges are Egyptian. They all came in a lot of Israeli and Columbian Army insignia with a Multinational Force & Observers Medal and pocket badge plus the insignia we have discussed on this post. Since Columbia was a participating member of the Force I would hazard a guess that the Egyptian and Israeli insignia were aquired as souveniers by a Columbian Army soldier or officer. Additionally the lot came out of Florida were many Columbian emigres settled.

Thank you all for your help. Here is a reverse view of the badge.

Garth

Edited by Garth Thompson

A reverse view of one of the other badges. They all have either this type pin or the loops in the other picture.

Garth

Garth, you may wish to contact member bmsm, he will have some good info for you on these badges. He is quite good at getting this style of Middle Eastern badge identified. Great looking badges!!! An identical Egyptian Thunder Troops badge and tab were just posted on E-bay last week for $65.00 U.S. They were located in New Zealand. Scott.

Dear All,

These are indeed Egyptian and the texts read as follows:

Tank : "Egypts Shield, Victory or Death"

Sword : "Infantry"

Shoulder title : "Airborne"

Cap badge " Egyptian Arab Republic"

Regards,

Owain

Dear All,

These are indeed Egyptian and the texts read as follows:

Tank : "Egypts Shield, Victory or Death"

Sword : "Infantry"

Shoulder title : "Airborne"

Cap badge " Egyptian Arab Republic"

Regards,

Owain

Owain

I love reading your information:

Thank you

Lorenzo

you are too close

they are Egyptian indeed

but the shoulder title says Al Sae'qaa ( thunderbolt ) an Egyptian elite forces

the collection is old............ how old? i don't know

Thank you for the correction:

Lorenzo