News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Collar Tabs

Guest tab collector

Guest tab collector

Hello everyone,

I am new to collecting Luftwaffe collar tabs. I only have about 20 pair so far and have enjoyed reading the comments on the site. I have a chance to but a pair of Obermusikmeister collar tabs for Artillery in mint condition. I thought I had read on the site that any collar tabs with the double chevrons below the oak leaves should be considered fake. The tabs I am looking at have these! I have a pic but the file size is 76k and cant find a way to post them---any general ideas on the tabs?

thanks,

Mark.

Hello everyone,
    I am new to collecting Luftwaffe collar tabs. I only have about 20 pair so far and have enjoyed reading the comments on the site. I have a chance to but a pair of Obermusikmeister collar tabs for Artillery in mint condition. I thought I had read on the site that any collar tabs with the double chevrons below the oak leaves should be considered fake. The tabs I am looking at have these! I have a pic but the file size is 76k and cant find a way to post them---any general ideas on the tabs?
    thanks,
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I have been unable to log in, until today.

Please email the photos of what you have and I will post them. You will not be able to post photos of 60Kb or bigger until you have made your first 50 posts. The Double Cheveron is present on many reproductions, but also on originals.

Regards
    Paul

Yes! Sometimes, small but dedicated groups are the best! Here is that image. I apologize for taking so long to post it. I will be able to be of better service once the patrol is over. Internet connectivity at sea is VERY bad.

This is a beautiful set of tabs. I would love to have them in my collection. Congrats on obtaining them.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are stunners. Anybody that doesn't like those just ain't right in the head.

Place a small tag on the back to remind you to contact me when you decide you need something else instead.

Hi,

Well it is nioce to see all 4 of the tab collectors in one thread!

These tabs are fine. You will often see the band tabs in this pattern/from this maker sewn together. Not sure why, perhaps a small selection that was never bought and survived the war.

I have written about the double chevron in other forums but these are only my opinions. The theory that all double chevron tabs are bad was based on something that our on Paul wrote in another forum. A person had a repro uniform with the double chevron tabs which Paul noted were the same as a pair of tabs which were being sold on the e-stnad as original. The collective commnuity then drew the conclusion that all double chevron tabs are bad. In actuallity, this is not the case (at least in my opinion, and also Paul's).

Gary B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Well it is nioce to see all 4 of the tab collectors in one thread!

These tabs are fine. You will often see the band tabs in this pattern/from this maker sewn together. Not sure why, perhaps a small selection that was never bought and survived the war.

I have written about the double chevron in other forums but these are only my opinions. The theory that all double chevron tabs are bad was based on something that our on Paul wrote in another forum. A person had a repro uniform with the double chevron tabs which Paul noted were the same as a pair of tabs which were being sold on the e-stnad as original. The collective commnuity then drew the conclusion that all double chevron tabs are bad. In actuallity, this is not the case (at least in my opinion, and also Paul's).

Gary B

I never said that double chevrons were an indicator of a repro. The fake tabs we saw happened to have the double chevron, but I noticed about them that I did not like was the way that the eagles were embroidered as well as a few other traits. I love these flak musician tabs.

I never said that double chevrons were an indicator of a repro. The fake tabs we saw happened to have the double chevron, but I noticed about them that I did not like was the way that the eagles were embroidered as well as a few other traits. I love these flak musician tabs.

Hi Paul,

I know. It just ever since you said that about those repro tabs with the dbl chevrons alot of people deemed that all tabs with a double chevron are fake...you are like E.F. Hutton!

Gary B