News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New shoulderboards...part III

I think the last pair are private purchase boards from the old blue/black overcoat. These boards were piped in the color of the tunic board. So this would be an example from the Grenadier Regiment König Karl (5.Württ.) Nr.123.

Chip

Micha,

That would have been correct for the tunic, but that is not what you have. You won't see these old pattern overcoat boards in most references. There was an equivalent overcoat example for each tunic pattern strap, only with a blue/black body and piping in the color of the Waffenrock strap. Besides, you don't need any books, you have us! :rolleyes:

Chip

An equivalent overcoat example for each tunic?? So I need not only one example from every regiment...I also have to find these ones? Autsch......... :banger:

Micha,

That depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want everything, you have a long row to hoe. My suggestion would be to stick to tunic straps, as they are more representative of the normal soldier. When the blue/black overcoats were replaced with the gray patterns before the war, the overcoat straps became just like the tunic straps except for the backing material.

Chip