News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

table medals

GeorgeCL

That's a very nice commemorative table medal. I just did a quick look through my book "Two Centuries of Russian Medals" by E. C Shukina (Russian text only) and it isn't illustrated in there. Nice find.

I have a couple of Imperial era table medals and a drawer full of Soviet ones. I never thought about posting them because I doubted that there would be any interest. I stopped showing them to visitors due to their yawns. I like them though, for their historical significance. I'll post the few I have if there's any interest.

Thanks for suggesting this thread.

Chuck

You know, a couple of years ago I passed on a very nice collection of Imperial table medals for just a few hundred bucks, most in as nice a condition as George's, and 3-4 of which were very rare. I thought at the time, "No one will ever be interested in these things." Well, I forgot ... I'm interested in them.

So, all I have are occasional pick-ups like these. This is the medal commemorating the 1882 Russian Exposition in Moscow. I'd like to trade the lesser example for one I don't have.

Chuck