News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Studio photograph of an Imperial Russian officer/cadet?

Claudio

Dear forumites,

My brother found this picture in Switzerland. He thinks it might be an Hungarian soldier... I rather think, looking at the collar insignia, that it should be Russian pre-1917. There's also something written by hand on the reverse of the picture that looks like Cyrillic alphabet; it would be really great if somebody could translate it for me.

Any valuable inputs or comment on this picture are really very appreciated! Many thanks in advance!!!

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Dear colleague! ;)

Thanks for your kind reply. I already thought that he might have been a cadet of a Zarist military accademy. I'll try to make some close ups of the cross, but it might be difficult.

Can you read and translate to me what is on the reverse of the picture? Many thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Claudio

Dear colleague! At first, sorry for my bad English! "Милой и дорогой Марусе от Яким... 1.ІІІ.1911 С. П. Б." = "To charming and dear Mary from Yakim... March, 1, 1911 Sanct-Petersburg". I think, this boy is not military man (tunic without shoulder straps or boards). May be, he was student of Law school (Училище правоведения) or Alexander's liceum (Александровский лицей). Thanks for understanding!