News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Guys,

I am new to this and would like opinions as to the validity of this medal bar. I will be honest and say its an ebay purchase from Austria and possibly not the smartest move I have ever made if it proves to be a put together job or at worst full of fake medals. Please be kind. Thanks.

Phil

Reverse129E.jpg

MedalBar129E.jpg

Hy Phil,

i'm quiet unhappy to tell you the bad news.

The bar is newly mounted and at least from the pics the Schlesian Eagle and the Austrian Commemorative Medal for ww1 look faked - for the others, i would have to have better pics to make judgements.

All the best Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the picture quality but they are captured from the original add in ebay for this medal bar. I dont have them yet and it has been only in the last couple of days that I started to doubt them but I did think the pin on the back of the mount looked quite old with aging around the clip and bottom of the pin near the point. Also some staining on the material reverse so I guess I was still hopeful. When I get them I will re post for better evaluation. Not a good way to start and I think I will stay away from bargain priced ebay items.

Cheers

Phil

yup...............faked :shame:

Better ask before buying..........and better don`t buy this "austrian stuff" at all - it really screams FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEE :violent:

you are not the first and you will not be the last one for shure.... try to return it if you can...

I will do my best to return it upon arrival but not holding my breath. I understand faking high end items but apart from fooling the odd idiot like me I cant see how it would be all that profitable with low end items. Apart from the Schlesian Eagle and to a lesser extent the FA medal the others are very cheap to buy and quite common. Not a good start I'm afraid.:blush: Thanks guys for your help.

Hello Phil Steele,

the picture (sharpness - contrast) isn't too good. So I would refrain from stating that the medals are fake.

The bar is obviously newly mounted and the ribbon displayed for the Schlesian Eagle is IMO wrong.

Please have a look on a photo of a genuine (IMO) Schlesian Eagle

Regards

Ulan

Eieieieiei............ Ulan,

your silesian eagle has the ribbon of the Friedrich August medal of Saxony........ shame.gif

Thank God, I am not collecting medals - besides those already in my family posession.

Regards

Ulan

I tend to agree about the medals at this stage. The photo is poor so I still have fingers crossed regarding their originality. I will know more when it arrives. I do believe that the ribbons are not original however I still look at the pin on the reverse and it is not new by any means so I am hoping that maybe this bar has had new ribbons put on it and remounted so to speak. If the medals are indeed original then they do not appear to be in mint condition thats for sure which makes me believe that perhaps the original ribbons were also in very poor condition hence the replacement ribbons being put on. I know maybe I am dreaming but who knows and again I will know when it arrives.

Would such medals that are displayed here be awarded to the one person? I do not have the knowledge to know if any or all are out of place. Thanks for all your help.

Phil

Guest Rick Research

Neither the mounting precedence nor the combination makes sense. What you've got are the medals without ribbons.

That Silesian Eagle is fairly interesting as a varaint with the pinned on crecsent and motto riband.

I shudder to think at the mass slaughter of original bars as these scum churn out frauds on an industrial level, using original parts ripped from original bars. :violent: