News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

White Truppensonderdienst tunic

I did not know that the tunic was phased out... although I would not be surprised. Do you have any details on this? I can check my books later tonight.

Davis' book, vol. 1 p228, "Finally, during the war years the manufacture of the Summer Uniform was suspended with no new garments being available."

I supose a member of the newly-formed TSD could already have a white tunic and put his new insignia on, but...???

Also, the price of the tunic is very low compared with Weitze's other white tunics so maybe he is trying to tell us something?

White tunics have never demanded a high price, when compared to the continental types. It could have belonged to an Admin Official who later became a member of the TSD in 1944. Uet, unless teh tunics is named, there is no way to know for sure. I would love to see how the tabs are afixed to the tunic. For me, this is how I would make my final decision. Period snaps with correct looking application would be a positive sign for me. Otherwise... who knows.