News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 year later...

Ehren Rangliste (1926) has him as having been "Vorst. d. Art. Dep." of the V. Armeekorps in Posen in 1914, but the Rangliste for 1914 does not show this. The 1914 Rangliste's index of names has Hptm. Weinland on p.449, which is FuAR9, but either he's not listed or appears as Wendland. (My paternal grandmother was a Wendland and since I'm interested in the name I will likely be investigating this further.)

Following the war he was Oberst aD and died October 23, 1924.

Gentlemen, I have this officer as a Hauptmann with Schleswig-Holsteinsches Fussartillerie-Regiment Nr. 9, then later as a Major und Artillerie Offizier vom Platz in Marienburg. Any other details of course much appreciated.

Vince,

Paul Weinland was born 27.02.1861 in Friedrichshafen in Württemberg. He joined the württ. FAR 13 in 1881. In 1893 he transfered to the prussian army. He was the Art. Offiz. v. Platz (AOvP) in Cüstrin from 1896-1899, then he was in FußAR 9. In 1901 he went to FußAR 13, 1906 to FußAR 2, 1908 to FußAR 11, 1909 to FußAR 9. He became Vorst. d. Art. Depots in Posen on 18.04.1913.

I have no record of him as the AOvP in Marienburg- what leads you to that assignment??

Ken,

The Vorstände der Art. Depots are listed in the 1914 Rangliste in the section for "Gouvernements, Kommandanturen und Garnisonen". You'll find him on page 133 of the 1914 Rangliste.

Andy

Vince,

Char. Oberstleutnant z.D. Paul Weinland was awarded a patent of seniority of his rank on 23.8.16. At the time, he was the Inspector of the 2nd Immobile Inspectorate of Foot Artillery Replacement Troops. He retired in 1917.

Regards

Glenn

Ken,

The Vorstände der Art. Depots are listed in the 1914 Rangliste in the section for "Gouvernements, Kommandanturen und Garnisonen". You'll find him on page 133 of the 1914 Rangliste.

Andy

Yes, you are quite correct.

Ehren Rangliste (1926) has him as having been "Vorst. d. Art. Dep." of the V. Armeekorps in Posen in 1914, but the Rangliste for 1914 does not show this. The 1914 Rangliste's index of names has Hptm. Weinland on p.449, which is FuAR9, but either he's not listed or appears as Wendland. (My paternal grandmother was a Wendland and since I'm interested in the name I will likely be investigating this further.)

Following the war he was Oberst aD and died October 23, 1924.

I should know better than to be posting so early in the morning. I was way off the mark as I had in fact been looking at the 1905 Rangliste. There is a Weinland on p.449, but with FuAR13 at the bottom of the page; the Wendland is a member of the FuAR9 listed at the top of the page.