News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of St. Stanislaus -3rd class

Claudius

A simply folded ribbon configuration that someone then glued to a black, woolly surface. A coat?, a blanket? I don't even know if this was done by the original recipient, a family member or by a collector (if so, a disgraceful presentation technique)

The ribbon itself appears to be what I would call..."parade-wrap". Another possibility is that the bow tie configuration is not unlike the way Imp. Germans women mounted and displayed their women decorations. But I wouldn't think a combatant order would be awarded to a woman. I understand that the Russians used a bow ON a ribbon to denote a higher class medal/cross, but this isn't a bow on ribbon. The ribbon is in a bow.

Has anyone seen an example of this kind of parade-wrap style for a Russian orders? (And then glued it to their clothing?)

• 2 months later...