News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I was going through some of my documents last night and ran across this. My question is--if I read this correctly--this a document for a 100 year jubilee meeting? If so, wonder if it is award document for a badge, medal or stickpin that would have been given out at the jubilee. I have a number of 100 year jubillee medals and had no idea or even thought they would have award documents. Also-Any idea which unit this is from?? Any ideas or thoughts on this?? Thanks Mike

Mike,

it's an invitation to the centenary celebrations of Infanterie-Regiment Freiherr von Sparr (3. Westf?lisches) Nr. 16. The recipient was one char. Oberstleutnant Wilhelm Langheinrich, one time Major and battalion commander in the regiment from 29 March 1900 until 18 Oct 1902. Later the Bezirkskommandeur in Stargard. The Oberst and Regimental Commander was Fritz von Versen later killed in action as the commander of the 76. Infanterie-Brigade on 16 Sep 1917.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

To add some to Glenn's-- Langheinrich was born in Charlottenburg 9 April 1854. His awards were Red Eagle 4, Crown 3rd, XXV, 1870/71, and 1897. He was called back up for WW1 and served as commander of Mobile Railway Station Commandantur 109 (wherever that was), re-retiring as Oberst aD and alive 1926.

The second one was either written by a freak or it is 18- or 17- 26.

All I get out of the bizarre florid scribbling is

Berscheinigung

... Unterzeichneter bescheinige

meinen Sohn Herman {{line over the single "n" in handwriting style indicating a double letter}}, dass

Er mein..... im....

... ...

kan {{same overline}} wen{{again}}

... ... ...

getreu kan {{again}} Er sich auf mein ... verlassen.

Langenbach den 15 Septb 26

Gust. H....

apparently giving Young Hermann permission to leave home or some such.