News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Danube River Bridge Romania/Bulgaria Border

I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these little gems before?

post-120-125494702323.jpg

It certainly fits here. The inscription around the badge is bilingual, with the version to the left in Romanian: Podul Dunarea (Danube Bridge).

Matching document.

post-120-125494715474.jpg

The vice-president of the comission appears to have a Romanian last name: Diaconescu.

Guest Rick Research

I'm wondering whether Romanian ones used the same numbers or started/ended at a different range of badge serial numbers, since there had to have been two different award booklets. :catjava:

• 4 months later...

Another numbered issue and boxed! Winging its' way to me now. Unfortunately, no document. Curious as I have two numbered examples, you have two examples with no number. Note the number on the one below, not far off of the first example I posted. Your document looks identical to mine, so i am unsure if Romania would have issued a different document or not. As Ed was fond of saying.... so many unanswered questions!

(First thing I'll be doing is checking to see if there's a number on the end of the case like the other example!!)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, this one has arrived. Number/badge/case match the first one I have. I am now wondering if the Bulgarian ones are numbered and the Romanian ones are not? Kev in Deva has an older post in the Romanian Badges thread with a third un-numbered example. I know this is a very small sample but we have two that originated in Bulgaria with numbers and three that originated in Romania with no numbers.

Also, as in my first example, this one does have a matching number on the hinge end of the box!

• 4 weeks later...