News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Turkish Star

TerryG

An interesting twist.....the pin is horizontal. This type of pin is usually found in a vertical orientation. Any other similar examples (I do not mean BB+co or the painted Turkish manufactured ones. I mean, other stars with a similar "higher quality" pin set up in a vertical position)

Guest Rick Research

That sure is a :love::love::love::love::jumping:

Certainly looks like silver-- no mark at all?

The degree of work to make the asymmetrical hinge on the pin fit suggests custom jeweler work-- perhaps made for this wearer at his specific request?

Hi Terry,

As we discussed before this is a very nice medal.

Tugra is up in between the arms of the star and elgazi the small part has a cut edge on the lower right corner.

Tugra is very close to AWS type. Only two small hole differences in the tugra. Also the date rivet can be seen.

The pin is also unusual for these types. I think it is German made not Austrian. Lovely piece.

all the best :beer:

demir

Edited by demir