News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hindenburg photos from my collection

Being a new member here I'd like to introduce myself by posting some photos from my collection. In fact I'm more into WW2 photographs collecting but nevertheless I have several albums with photos from WW1 period. 

To start with I'd like to show some photos of Paul von Hindenburg. Unfortunately size of an image is limited to 70 Kb and I have to compress every scan mercilessly :(

Here we go anyway.

# 1. Hindenburg is accompanied by the head of the Office of the President of Germany Otto Meißner (1880-1953).

# 4. The handwriting on the backside of the photo says: "Vater mit Hindenburg in Goslar auf dem Osterfeld, Juli 1923. A.Ernst". I don't have any idea who could have been that gentleman whose father seemed to be very close to Hindenburg.

Guest Rick Research

#6 might be Generaloberst aD Josias von Heeringen (1850-1926).

#5 no clue who the general is since his identifiable awards (a Prussian General with Grand Cross of the Bavarian MMO isn't enough) BUT notice that the top hatted veteran is INCORRECTLY wearing the GHASTLY veterans cross normally stuck on medal bars (its size and fore-and-aft suspension loop make that impossible, ugly THING) aound his neck.

There was no "commander" grade-- he's wearing that 2nd Class in a way I've never seen before.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...