News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Silver Star,Bronze Star,Purple Heart KIA 4-18-1945

scottplen

Here my latest trade!!!

Raymond J mcintire jr from Richmond City VA

Killed attacking German Machine gun nests

Heflenberg Germany

All 3 medals officially engraved ! they were missing case so they are now housed in proper cases

a unnamed BS came with group He my guess a field award for eastern france (listed on 100th div site)

I have written to lorraine cemetery for pic of grave and to NARA for copy of SS citation

Purple heart

Can't find Enlistment record on NARAs found on on a VA historical site but can not locate it again He enlisted

Oct 9 1941 He was originally from Jackson co west Va born 1921

service # 33219043

also as a side note Pvt Thomas L Pitzer co A 399th IR Won the DSC for this engagement at Helfenberg germany on this date!!!

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Got second letter back from NARA stating GO #242 for silver star citation can not be located ! But Found GO#53 for his 1st bronze star medal

was fwd to me!

For Heroic Achivement in Action from period of Nov 5 1944 to 10 Jan 1945 in Eastern France.On repeated occasions Sgt. Mcintire distiuished himself by his conduct under hostile fire.As a member of a wire crew during the time his company occupied positions at the edge of tthe woods ne Le Hochschidt France,Sgt. Mcintire worked unremittingly to mantain efficient commnications under adverse conditions,and on five occasions braved hostile motar and rocket fire in company with his comrades in order to splice severed wire lines while exposed to direct enemy observation.

so now where do i turn to get GO # 242 100th divsion HQ 1945 ???

Hi Scott.

As far as the NARA enlistment website, it sucks not being able to find guys at times. According to a quick search I just did, there's only one guy with the surname Mc Intire listed there from the entire state of Virginia!

As far as his Silver Star General Order goes, you're probably either going to have to get the research from the unit archival records, or find someone who has them and beg for mercy. ;)

The Sons of Bitche have a website: http://www.100thww2.org/ Go to their digital archives section, and you can probably ask them if they have copies of the division's general orders. http://www.100thww2.org/aid/persdoc.html <--- list of location of General Orders (College Park I think). Tons of records exist for this division...should be juicy research possibilites.

That's a pretty cool SS/BS/PH grouping. A hard fought unit as well. Fairly hard fought guy to boot...Vosges, Ft Schiesseck, Bitche, advance to the Rhine, Heilbronn and finally the advance towards Stuttgart, during which he was KIA. Lots of house to house fighting for this guy.

Hi Scott.

As far as the NARA enlistment website, it sucks not being able to find guys at times. According to a quick search I just did, there's only one guy with the surname Mc Intire listed there from the entire state of Virginia!

As far as his Silver Star General Order goes, you're probably either going to have to get the research from the unit archival records, or find someone who has them and beg for mercy. wink.gif

The Sons of Bitche have a website: http://www.100thww2.org/ Go to their digital archives section, and you can probably ask them if they have copies of the division's general orders. http://www.100thww2....id/persdoc.html <--- list of location of General Orders (College Park I think). Tons of records exist for this division...should be juicy research possibilites.

That's a pretty cool SS/BS/PH grouping. A hard fought unit as well. Fairly hard fought guy to boot...Vosges, Ft Schiesseck, Bitche, advance to the Rhine, Heilbronn and finally the advance towards Stuttgart, during which he was KIA. Lots of house to house fighting for this guy.

Hello

Thanks emailed 100th division site see if they can help?

will keep you posted!

scott