News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is an example how much time, patience and money it takes to learn soemthing about just a small pic :rolleyes:

The photo shows three Leutnants, named Ehlers ? , Potthoff and Bine ?

And this time there was names on the backside :jumping:

The man to the left Ehlers or something is well decorated EK II, EK I , I think Oldenburg FA cross II and Oldenburg FA cross I

The middle man is the most interesting with EK II, Lippe KVK and War Honor Cross

Since the WHC was only awarded in 740 pieces I thought it would be possible to find out something about him :unsure:

But inspite of all the books I have (and my wife thinks I have to many....) I didnt have the Staatshandbuch from Lippe (I have the book from 1916 where some of the awardees is listed from 1914/15) so I had to order a book from 1918 from Germany!

And I hope he was a member from Inf Rgt 55 ? with that in thougt I bought a Regimential story for only 5 Euro !

and of course if the LIppe Rolls will be published next year I will stand first in line for a example!!!

Conclusion : You need a lot of research material and its never enough :whistle: (I hope my wife read this )

Have a nice weekend all !

Christer

Edited by christerd

Hi Christer,

Very nice photo you have there. I like photo of officers showing Lippe cross. I have found one Potthoff Rudolf who was Leutnant d. R. Rick will give you more informations about Lippe. I am like you, I'm waiting for his new books.

I've already shown it before, here is the War Heroic cross with box.

Regards

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

The Heroic Deeds Cross had no Roll, only the individually signed receipts when every recipient acknowledged getting one from the issuing authority.

Those individual receipts exist, but have not been copied or transcribed and at this point will not be included in that volume, because there IS no "Roll" for it.

The Heroic Deeds Cross had no Roll, only the individually signed receipts when every recipient acknowledged getting one from the issuing authority.

Those individual receipts exist, but have not been copied or transcribed and at this point will not be included in that volume, because there IS no "Roll" for it.

Aha, thanks Rick.

So I will have to look for more books to learn something about his guy.

Christer