News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Long service medal group

Hi Chaps

Just picked this up recently.

I like it a lot, but im not sure if it is original as a group. I certainly dont doubt the originality of the medals themselves, but not so sure that they were all originally together....

SHouldn't the ost medal be third in the group?

What are your thoughts?

Hi.

Yes the Russian Front medal should be in 3rd place...also a 4 Year Wehrmacht Long Service medal would be more appropriate on this bar, and i do see a hole in the blue ribbon where the eagle may have been.

Kind regards

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

Hi.

Yes the Russian Front medal should be in 3rd place...also a 4 Year Wehrmacht Long Service medal would be more appropriate on this bar, and i do see a hole in the blue ribbon where the eagle may have been.

Kind regards

Matt

Hi Matt

The group did come with a 4 year award also, but the previous owner was unsure if they were all to the same recipient.

Here it is

Thanks

Dan

Also, look at the aging on the medals, and there are the ribbons which from the photos look like new.... :whistle:

Hope you didn't pay too much for this medal bar! :ninja:

No pin on reverse, medals misplaced, fresh ribbons with aged medals..... :catjava:

Hopefully some of the experts will be able to clarify if it's good or bad, but this i just my opinion from what i see.

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

Hi

Thanks for all the replys.

I think its fair to say that the group has been out together at some time.

From the looks of it all the medals are genuine (fingers crossed).

Can anyone give an opinion on them?

Thanks, Dan

Dan,

The medals all look fine to me. :cheers:

Is that Iron Crossmagnetic and made in 3-parts? The 4 Year service medal and eagle magnetic?

Matt

Dan,

The medals all look fine to me. :cheers:

Is that Iron Crossmagnetic and made in 3-parts? The 4 Year service medal and eagle magnetic?

Matt

Hi Matt

Yup they are magnetic and the ek is of 3 part construction.

This is actually my first EK :whistle: Could anyone recommend a good reference book on them?

Thanks

Dan