News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NARVIK shield Kriegsmarine

Hi....sorry to say this one's a copy of the Deumer shield. Notice the gap between the wreath and the bottom of the crossbar where on originals the wreath sits at the bottom of the crossbar as below.

Hope that helps.....Peter

Hi....sorry to say this one's a copy of the Deumer shield. Notice the gap between the wreath and the bottom of the crossbar where on originals the wreath sits at the bottom of the crossbar as below.

Hope that helps.....Peter

Just to make sure I understand, is the photo you marked with the red arrows a photo of a reproduction and it's that tiny gap that distinguishes it? The original in the next post is a much smaller view but I take it there's no gap there, correct? (Just wasn't sure I was seeing it.)

What about the fact that in your original the areas between the eagle's head and the shoulders of the wings is not cut out whereas it is in the first two pictured shields? Is that significant or does that vary with manufacturer?

Best regards,

---Norm

Edited by Norm F

Just to make sure I understand, is the photo you marked with the red arrows a photo of a reproduction and it's that tiny gap that distinguishes it? The original in the next post is a much smaller view but I take it there's no gap there, correct? (Just wasn't sure I was seeing it.)

What about the fact that in your original the areas between the eagle's head and the shoulders of the wings is not cut out whereas it is in the first two pictured shields? Is that significant or does that vary with manufacturer?

Best regards,

---Norm

Hi Norm...yes you're right the scan with the red arrows highlight's what's wrong with this shield and yes, the wreath should sit firmly at the bottom of the crossbar. Deumer produced 2 types, this one's the later version with the 'filled in' shoulders.

Check this thread out..

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17606&hl=Narvik&st=20

KR...Peter

Hi Norm...yes you're right the scan with the red arrows highlight's what's wrong with this shield and yes, the wreath should sit firmly at the bottom of the crossbar. Deumer produced 2 types, this one's the later version with the 'filled in' shoulders.

Check this thread out..

http://gmic.co.uk/in...hl=Narvik&st=20

KR...Peter

Norm, the Deumer shield can also be found with cut-out space around the head.

Most illuminating. Thanks very much gentlemen.

Best regards,

---Norm

Edited by Norm F