News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

what name wtih this by english

claretbaron

Hi Claretbaron,

As you are Chinese and speak english, I suppose you are able to propose a rough translation. Based on this, it is certainly possible to find the usual name of this order, or something approaching.

My two cents... :whistle:

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Claretbaron,

As you are Chinese and speak english, I suppose you are able to propose a rough translation. Based on this, it is certainly possible to find the usual name of this order, or something approaching.

My two cents... 2014.gif

Cheers.

Ch.

It's the early Republican Order of Merit, I believe yours to be probably second class. A rare item but without seeing the reverse difficult to know if genuine.

Paul

do not konw what name of this by english. who can help me?

I believe that it is the Republic Order of Merit, Fourth Class, Second or Third Order. The rays represent the colors of th State of Manchukuo.

The Four characters on the case read: (in my humble opinion) "Order of Merit 4th Class". I have more pictures in my file whick I need to locate.

Richard

I believe that it is the Republic Order of Merit, Fourth Class, Second or Third Order. The rays represent the colors of th State of Manchukuo.

The Four characters on the case read: (in my humble opinion) "Order of Merit 4th Class". I have more pictures in my file whick I need to locate.

Richard

you collection is very good.

full name is :Republic Order of Merit.

But this one no good.

Red patch on the beads was a later history is not to the red beads of the Order of Merit.

这个章是后来拼凑的。

红色的珠子是后来修补上去的,历史上没有红色珠子的勋位章或者荣光宝星。

Edited by jcwater

full name is :Republic Order of Merit.

But this one no good.

Red patch on the beads was a later history is not to the red beads of the Order of Merit.

这个章是后来拼凑的。

红色的珠子是后来修补上去的,历史上没有红色珠子的勋位章或者荣光宝星。

Given that the piece has noticeable enamel damage and I know from personaal experience that the order damages quite easily is it possible that the piece is original but the beads are later replacements?

Paul

Richard

The Order of Merit (order of the Merit and Rank) was an award that was given to a recipient in accodance with his rank or status within the Manchu Imperial Court. It was a short-lived order and little is known concerning the decoration itself. It was founded in 1912 by President Yuan Shikai and this 'insignia' was worn and ranked above all others in precedence. I am planning the publication of a new book on Chinese Medals within the next several months and it will be described in greater detail with more photographs of this rare medal. As promised, I am sending a photo of one of the medals contained in the Harry A. Mohler Collection, at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.

Given that the piece has noticeable enamel damage and I know from personaal experience that the order damages quite easily is it possible that the piece is original but the beads are later replacements?

Paul

As I keep saying: You need to examine the back. I agree with JCWater except the title of the medal in Chinese refers to the "rank" as well as "merit"

Richard

The Order of Merit (order of the Merit and Rank) was an award that was given to a recipient in accodance with his rank or status within the Manchu Imperial Court. It was a short-lived order and little is known concerning the decoration itself. It was founded in 1912 by President Yuan Shikai and this 'insignia' was worn and ranked above all others in precedence. I am planning the publication of a new book on Chinese Medals within the next several months and it will be described in greater detail with more photographs of this rare medal. As promised, I am sending a photo of one of the medals contained in the Harry A. Mohler Collection, at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.

Order of Merit is a great class during the period 1912 to 1928, Chinese head of state is unique, in addition to the great things there is another level of at least 5 grades, and Manchukuo has nothing to do, also has nothing to do the Qing Dynasty. But the form with the Qing Dynasty (1909) promulgated the 《清王公爵位章图述》recorded in a similar style. See 《Chiese orders 1862-1955》 of the appendix P196~P209.