News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Slovakian Order of Prince Pribina

Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between the breast stars of the "special class" and "grand cross" of the Slovakian Order of Prince Pribina. None of my sources distinguish between the two.

I'm almost sure there's the same award. But once I met very strange star of Czechoslovakian order of the White Lion -

I think it was made from the Pribina' star.

sad.gif Dear Megan, unfortunately, unfortunately and one more time unfortunately these pics aren't mine. They are taken from the Net. I've been in Slovakia several months ago and I realized the Slovakian awards are near impossible to be found. But I can give you this adress of the Slovakian ".gov-site". I'm sure it would be real "Fair use" because this information was distributed officially.

http://www.prezident.sk/?state-decorations

Best

Thank you, Taras - already found that & their pictures of the current Prince Pribina Cross are nowhere as good as the ones you displayed! But I shall try talking to them anyway...

Just keep in mind that they erroneously changed indentification of photos of Orders of Stefanik and Stur.

Regards,

Dragomir

• 1 month later...
    From another helpful collector, it seems that what I have is the star of the first class (Type 1, in use 1940-1942). A photo is attached. Thanks for the info on the modern Pribina order.
    You have a very nice order star of Pribina order. I need this star in my colection. Is it fot sale? Please, send more pictures. Thank you Miroslav Slovakia www.militfaler.sk Edited by falermilit

• 3 years later...

I recently won an eBay auction for a ribbon bar for the 4th class version of the 1940-1944 Slowakischer Fürst-Pribina-Orden - red with narrow blue center stripe and a swords and wreath device with blue and red enamel. Does any have a list of those who were awarded this medal?