News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

R:A:F Victory Medal search

Hi, I have a mystery Victory Medal given to A Pte 1 H J Dugard R.A.F Rgt nr 120012 But I cant find him in the online records ? I cant find anyone named Dugard? Could it be misspelled , or am I looking at the wrong place ?

Any help appriciated :)

Christer

Hi, I have a mystery Victory Medal given to A Pte 1 H J Dugard R.A.F Rgt nr 120012 But I cant find him in the online records ? I cant find anyone named Dugard? Could it be misspelled , or am I looking at the wrong place ?

Any help appriciated :)

Christer

Christer

The medal you have was awarded to an enlisted man who served in the Royal Air Force - he could have been a clerk, mechanic, storeman or any one of a number of other trades. The RAF Regiment was only created many years after the First World War primarily for airfield defence duties. The medal cards for RAF personnel are not currently online. However, some service records for airmen who served in WW1 are available to look at at the National Archives in Kew, London in the AIR 79 class of records.

Paul

A WWI Vctory Medal? If so, he may be RAF, but not RAF Regiment (they were formed durng WWII).

I'm not sure if Pte would have been used at any time in the RSAF, presumably it was used in the Royal Flying Corps?

I was'nt aware that RAF records were available on line, you may have been searchng army records?

There are only about 10 - 20 WWI army Dugards online that I've found, none of them with nitials H or HJ.