News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

after the passing of a friend recently I received a few items from which I have no knowledge.

There for any info on what it exactly is and its origin would be really helpful.

I'm very new to this forum and very new to collecting this.. (getting these items peaked my interest)

I do have to say that it looks and feels to mint and "new" to be actually old

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

Ramon

Unfortunately this is not an original bar. You have already noticed that the ribbons show no age wear at all. Not only that, they are in the incorrect order on the bar. Furthermore, the last ribbon appears to the be French Croix de Guerre TOE with a silver star citation rather than a German ribbon.

There are a number of very knowledgeable German collectors here and some very informative posts on identifying good versus bad ribbon bars so I suggest you defer your purchases until you have had a chance to read through these and thereby avoid expensive mistakes.

Unfortunately this is not an original bar. You have already noticed that the ribbons show no age wear at all. Not only that, they are in the incorrect order on the bar. Furthermore, the last ribbon appears to the be French Croix de Guerre TOE with a silver star citation rather than a German ribbon.

There are a number of very knowledgeable German collectors here and some very informative posts on identifying good versus bad ribbon bars so I suggest you defer your purchases until you have had a chance to read through these and thereby avoid expensive mistakes.

Thanx for the advice, Thankfully I did not pay any money for it so no loss.

And I do not know if it was bought by my friend as original or not.. I have no info on it what so ever.

R

Guest Rick Research

This is a classic 1990s handmade all brass Ohio Parts Fraud. At that time the ribbons were (mostly) original but that guy churned out more phony ribbon bars than the real Wehrmacht ever wore! :speechless1:

• 7 months later...