News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Third Recich Ribbon Bars

Gents,

Opinions on these two please?

They look very clean to me, almost as if they were cut from the same ribbon roll....also the 4-place with KVK without swords is a bit strange. And the Prague Bar looks a bit funny too.... :ninja:

My thanks

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

Guest Rick Research

No obvious alarm bells ringing. Entirely possible these came from the same box of never sold dealer stock from back then--

"mass" combinations that would have been assembled to have ready made on hand for walk in business, but in a size not popular. The last time I saw such a "leftovers" box, there were HUNDREDS of every possible combination of the same 3 and 4 Württemberg WW1 veteran awards. Still find such "under the stairs" things from time to time, though dispersing fast.

I don't see suspicious scratching around the tabs, the Prague bar looks like a nice bronze colored struck item.

Flashed with a blacklight to make sure the whites are OK and not glow in the dark electric blue?

I think a close-up of the Prague bar would help. Looks like a big 'bump" in the upper left corner...

Rick: Hoping to purchase a new black-light device this weekend so will post a reply then.

Scott: Yes, this was my concern. Here is a better close-up (i hope) of the Prague Bar.

Kind regards

Matt

• 1 month later...

Gents,

I have been approached by a fellow member asking me to sell these 2 ribbon bars. Can someone please direct me on a fair price?

Thank you :cheers:

Matt

EDIT: Both have been black-lighted and do not glow.

Edited by M Hunter

What appears to be "soft" details on the Prague bar makes me wary of it's authenticity (to me it looks cast), but others may differ. Price... $10-$20 each?

Hi Scott,

You see i too thought something was a-miss with the prague bar then Rick said it was ok as you can see from his comment above. Though in-hand it looks different from the photos.

Thanks for the price range, seems fair to me. :cheers:

Kind regards

Matt

Edited by M Hunter