News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Easily identifiable (and date-able) from the branch of service and rank. Those were listed in the naval rank lists.

Guest Rick Research

And with the right obscure and arcane reference sources, the "impossible" :speechless1: China AND its two specified/named bars are explained

assuming that the Withhold-The-Already-Known-Name-Waste-Ricky's-Dwindling-Time "Game" :violent: isn't being played.

Again. :angry:

(Not my "job" any more, folks. No longer my "job." :catjava: )

Back Thursday.

Guest Rick Research

Dr. Friedrich Schmidt. Received the Belgian Croix Militaire 2.me Classe between the Rank Lists of 1905 and 1908.

Photo as Marine Oberassistenzarzt (08.12.06) and his promotion in 1909.

1914:

1918:

(SA3aX 18.02.16)

Guest Rick Research

You will notice that he joined the navy 01.04.00 :Cat-Scratch: soooooooooooooo :unsure:

how the heck did he get into combat in China??? !!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Navy Honor Rank List for WW1 (he was not a member of the MOV so I have no post-war data)

Guest Rick Research

This is not magic. It is hard long boring tedious work and the tenacity to hunt down period references which gains my fellow researchers NOTHING but our own satisfaction in putting faces to the "anonymous" dead.

Stammliste of Naval Medical Officers 1848-1918--

So, there ya go, China medal in bronze per above but HOW????? :banger:

:catjava: -------> same again, his OTHER Stammliste entry explains all

including what those two bars ARE. :ninja:

His medical studies were interuppted by 1 Year Volunteer service in... the Marines. :whistle:

There is no Magic Button. There is no One Volume. Without the global cooperation of a very small number of dedicated researchers, the "hopeless" would be "impossible."

Time. Time. Time.

WOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!

It is always the same and sometimes I think you are a bit bored about it , but what shall I other say than a big , a very big THANK YOU !!!!

Thanks for your great work , your hours of "wasting" time..... and thanks for your neverending sources of informations..... I never knew that with the entries in the Stammliste the battle clasps of some "subjects" can be read and solved - that`s unbelievable !!!

Great job Rick , many thanks again !!! :beer:

This is not magic. It is hard long boring tedious work and the tenacity to hunt down period references which gains my fellow researchers NOTHING but our own satisfaction in putting faces to the "anonymous" dead.

Stammliste of Naval Medical Officers 1848-1918--

So, there ya go, China medal in bronze per above but HOW????? :banger:

:catjava: -------> same again, his OTHER Stammliste entry explains all

including what those two bars ARE. :ninja:

His medical studies were interuppted by 1 Year Volunteer service in... the Marines. :whistle:

There is no Magic Button. There is no One Volume. Without the global cooperation of a very small number of dedicated researchers, the "hopeless" would be "impossible."

Time. Time. Time.

I actually read Rick's replies just minutes after he posted them, but I could respond and just leaned back in my chair with my hair blown back in astonishment.

Great resources and even greater researchers that made this possible.

Bravo. :cheers:

Hello,

Oh my goodness! => this is the very first i have ever seen awarded towards a german :):):):):). This is XTC for my eyes and thank you Ricky for the notification and ID.

I have not listed him anywhere yet but probably he will turn aout once within my search after Belgian awards and orders towards German subjects up till 1914. This is simply a stunning piece.

I can't add a date at this time but will keep my eyes open.

Cordial greetings and thanks for showing,

Guest Rick Research

Actually there were 4 of them, all between 1905 and 1908 and presumably all at the same time and for the same reason-- but I have no Marine Ranglisten 1906 or 1907!

August Coulmann also got "BMK2" (as LtzS/Olt zS)

Oskar Heilmann the same

and a fellow named Trenk who apparently DIED as an Oberleutnant zS before the war.

The Great Master hath spoken,

And all in the land of Faleristica

Were stunned by his knowledge and wisdom,

The neophytes, prostrate before him in awe,

Would later, in his honor, sacrifice Swanson TV dinners.

All is well once again in the land of "gongs",

And the people rejoiced in the knowledge

That whatever the poser,

They could always rely on the Master!

Honestly Rick... You impress the living "H" outta me man!:cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I wish I had that effect on nubile young women of loose morals. :whistle:

All it takes is having the books. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of books. Times members of the Research Cyborgs Guild™©®.

And being able to read Martin Luther typeface and Sütterlin.