News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have compiled a list of just over 100 veterinary officials/officers who held the rank of Korps-Roßarzt/Korpsstabsveterinär/Generaloberveterinär in the period from 1873 to 1919 and am still looking for the first names of four of the wartime promotions. Much appreciated if anyone can help:

Korpsstabsveterinär a.D. Körner 24.12.14

Korpsstabsveterinär d.L. Lübke 24.4.15

Korpsstabsveterinär a.K. v. Müller 18.12.15

Generaloberveterinär d.L. Richter 26.8.17

Thanks

Regards

Glenn

With much digging I have found three of the four:

Korpsstabsveterinär a.D. Reinhard Körner 24.12.14

Korpsstabsveterinär d.L. Johannes Lübke 24.4.15

Generaloberveterinär d.L. Arthur Richter 26.8.17

The one which I thought would probably be the easiest, as he had a noble predicate, still eludes me! Korpsstabsveterinär a.K. v. Müller. Herr v. Müller died during the war but does not appear in the register of deceased nobles??

Incidentally I am also looking for the first name of Korpsstabsveterinär (G.) Pilz of Königsberg. The later Professor Pilz was formerly the Korpsstabsveterinär of I. Armeekorps in the 1890s.

Regards

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some progress in identifying the first name(s) of the remaining Corps-Roßärzte/Korpsstabsveterinäre in my list. I have now identified 186 Prussian military officials and or officer who held either the substantive or brevet (character) rank of Corps-Roßarzt/Korpsstabsveterinär/Generaloberveterinär between 1973 and 1919

Otto Gustav Pilz was the Korps-Roßarzt of I. Armeekorps and I have tentatively identified Generaloberveterinär a.K. von Müller as Otto.

Below is part of the list showing the first fifteen appointments to Corps-Roßarzt in the Prussian Army and although the rank and appointment were created in 1872, it was some five years before all the corps headquarters had a senior veterinary official. Herr Lusensky is the sole remaining Corps-Roßarzt on my list to be attributed a first name.

Given the horse drawn nature of the Prussian Army at this period it is strange to think that these officials who were the directors of veterinary services at corps level, in reality held the equivalent rank of a Lieutenant!

Regards

Glenn