News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello to all,

I found this medal bar at the most recent SOS. I thought it looked nicely aged, but otherwise in great condition. It looks to be a definite TR Period assembly, in my opinion. I found it interesting because the 1936 Olympic Games Commemorative Medal is non-magnetic (which based on my own collecting experience is a scarce thing). The bar also has a name written in ink on the the cloth backing. If the information is correct, then this bar belonged to Reinhard Giese of Berlin-Buchholz. I can't ever recall seeing a name written on the back of a medal bar before.

Best regards,

Tom

Has anyone ever seen a medal bar with the owner's name written on the back? This is a first for me so I was wondering whether this is legitimate. I suppose it is possible that it really is the owner's name, but with this combination of awards it could never be proven.

Best regards,

Tom

I have not seen one like this. To me the writting seems to be from some type of permenant ink pen. I do not know if these types of pens existed during the war.

I have had a number of things where the family wrote the name of the wearer/winner/user on it loooong after the event. In the style of "Uncle Bobs Sgt stripes that he wore at Bastogne" etc.

Best

Chris