News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Para38,

Welcome to the GMIC. If possible it would probably be best if you could post in English, while I can read your post I know it would not take too long before you lost me if the post was too long or complicated. My French is poor at best.

Regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Para38

Soyez bienvenus au GMIC.

Nous semblons être des speakers surtout anglais ici mais je sais que certains de nos membres européens parlent le français et je crois que nous pouvons utiliser des traductions informatiques si vous voulez nous écrire dans le français. Pourtant, vous devrez tenir compte de mauvaises traductions. :angry:

De nouveau, soyez bienvenus au groupe! :beer:

Peter

Bonjour Para38

Soyez bienvenus au GMIC.

Nous semblons être des speakers surtout anglais ici mais je sais que certains de nos membres européens parlent le français et je crois que nous pouvons utiliser des traductions informatiques si vous voulez nous écrire dans le français. Pourtant, vous devrez tenir compte de mauvaises traductions. :angry:

De nouveau, soyez bienvenus au groupe! :beer:

Peter

Hi Peter,

Je suis daccord avec ce que vous dites. Cependant, dans mon cas, le Francaise n est pas ma premiere langue et j ai la lecture et l ecriture de difficulte en Francais. Je pense que beaucoup de members peuvent juste sauter par n importe quelle soumission dans n importe quelle langue a moins que l anglais. Ceci signifie une perte d entree par beaucoup de members experts.

As you can see how even with the use of a translation program the message above is awkward at best. My earlier comment was to draw attention to the fact that this is predominantly an English language forum and that the use of another language limits the number of members who might be able to help with another member's questions. Of course my comment here is not to say that members who speak languages other than English are not welcomed. On the contrary, as a Canadian believing in a multi-cultural society, I personally have no problem with the use of other languages. It's just that I can't communicate properly with them. Lord know my useage of the Queen's English has much to be desired.

Regards

Brian

Brian

No dig intended - I just didn't want Para38 not to post because English is tough for him. As you say, the translator programmes are 'awkward' at best and my French is more a source of embarassment, not pride, in this bilingual country.

BTW, I drove past, but not into, Woolsey Barracks a week ago. It is the site of the RCRs' museum and maybe the 1st Hussars as well and still has quite a collection of the big green trucks outside - so still a Reserve Force facility.

Peter

Brian

No dig intended - I just didn't want Para38 not to post because English is tough for him. As you say, the translator programmes are 'awkward' at best and my French is more a source of embarassment, not pride, in this bilingual country.

BTW, I drove past, but not into, Woolsey Barracks a week ago. It is the site of the RCRs' museum and maybe the 1st Hussars as well and still has quite a collection of the big green trucks outside - so still a Reserve Force facility.

Peter

That's good to know, the next time I am on vacation and in London I'll stop by. It's only about an hour's drive from here, 1/2 hour if my wife drives! :speechless1:

Regards

Brian