News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Citation to a Naval Brigade POW

Just got the translation back on this guy today. An early Christmas present! Enjoy!

Dave

AWARDS LIST

1. Name: KIRICHKO, Anton Alekseevich

2. Rank: Private

3. Position, unit: Machine Gunner, 83rd Naval Infantry Brigade

Nominated for: Medal ?For Valor?

4. Date of Birth: 1906

5. Nationality: Russian

6. Party affiliation: Without party affiliation

7. Participation in Patriotic War: On the Krim Front from March 1942 to 18 May 1942

8. Wounds and Contusions from the Patriotic War: Heavily Wounded on 18 May 1942

9. Joined the Red Army: Since 22 June 1941 to 1 July 1945

10. From which call up station: Keryukskim Regional Military District, Krasnodarskovo Krai

11. Previous awards: None presented

12. Permanent home address: Chelyabinskaya Oblast, City of Elatoyust, 7th division, 3rd Kamenka, Right bank, 72

Attestation:

Comrade A.A. Kirichko served in the Soviet Army from June 22, 1941 till July 1, 1945. Participated in the Great Patriotic War from March 1942 till May 18, 1942. On May 18, 1942 he was severely wounded in the battles against Germans as part of a naval brigade unit and was captured by the enemy while unconscious. Was held in the captivity from May 18, 1942 till April 9, 1945. Was liberated by American troops. Underwent special interviews from April 9, 1945 till July 1, 1945. Afterwards was discharged from the military. His wound is confirmed by the Medical Committee of the Zlatoust City Military Draft and Registration Office as of January 23, 1957. There are no other documents to confirm his wound. He is currently in disabled worker status, 3rd degree because of his illness.

Has no disablement as the result of the wound.

Has been working as an under-the-crane worker at the #1 rolling shop of the Zlatoust steel plant since October 23, 1945.

Is characterized positively at his workplace.

Conclusion: Deserves to be awarded the ?For Bravery? Medal for having been wounded while participating in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.

Zlatoustovski City Military Commander

Colonel /RADKO/

8 February 1957

Guest Rick Research

That's interesting that a non disabling wound was considered entitlement to a late Valor Medal. The poor guy was probably actually overrun by a tidal wave of the enemy, and I'm surprised he survived.

He WAS at the right place at the right time with the right human beings. As an "old guy" his chances of survival wouldn't have seemed very good.

How did you research an UNnumbered Valor Medal-- from the MEDALS Book serial number?

How did you research an Unnumbered Valor Medal-- from the MEDALS Book serial number?

This one was actually researched by my researcher then sold to me, so I don't know exactly how he did it. However, I assume he simply researched the name through the archives, or perhaps got a general time period for the Ukaz (it was in October 1957) and went from there. I'm currently having another unnumbered Valor medal that's just a book and medal combination, and an unnumbered Military Merit medal that's the senior medal in a group to an admiral (impressive career!) researched, so we'll see how those turn out.

Dave

This one was actually researched by my researcher then sold to me, so I don't know exactly how he did it. However, I assume he simply researched the name through the archives, or perhaps got a general time period for the Ukaz (it was in October 1957) and went from there. I'm currently having another unnumbered Valor medal that's just a book and medal combination, and an unnumbered Military Merit medal that's the senior medal in a group to an admiral (impressive career!) researched, so we'll see how those turn out.

Dave

As far as he told me, he is also able to make research only with a Name.

Nice Christmas-Present :beer:

Gerd

Nice Christmas present Dave! :cheers:

I looked in C.C. Sharp vol. 7, about Naval Infantry. It said that the 83rd Brigade held out until the 20 may 1942 near Kerch before being annihilated. Your man must have been one of the very last defenders.

/Kim