News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czech Legion unifrom

Here is another uniform that I had been meaning to photograph and post - its my Czech Legion uniform. If someone could reminde me of the medals that the ribbons represent? According to his chevrons he volunteered for the Czech Legion in 1914 and served untill 1919 - the other arm badge is the rank of Captain (not sure :unsure: )

"If someone could remind me of the medals that the ribbons represent?" - The first one is Ceskoslovensky valecny kriz 1918 (Czechoslovak War Cross 1918). The second one looks Russian? Could it together with the chevrons indicate service in both WW 1 and in the civil war of Russia? A nice piece of history you've got there!

/Jonas

GRA - many thanks on identirfying this ribbon - I think the second ribbon is an Imperial Russian ribbon for the George Cross - or???? I just dont know Imperial Russian. The third ribbon eludes me and the last one is the WW1 Victory medal. As for service - the owner certainly saw action from the fist days of the Legion to the Civil War. Is the rain shield of an officer?

Very nice uniform of Czechoslovak legion in Russia, introduced in 1919. Red colar tabs indicate infantry regiment, red stripes on right sleeve indicate five years in legion.

Medal ribbons are:

• Czechoslovak war cross 1918 - 19 – highest Czechoslovak decoration in WWI. Awarded for bravery in war for independent Czechoslovakia.
    • Unknown decoration – probably Russian.
    • Czechoslovak revolutionary medal – its commemorative / merit decoration awarded to military volunteers and members of home resistance.
    • Czechoslovak medal for victory.

Edited by Ladis

Could anyone help with the research on the possible original owner of the tunic? I understand there is a complete listing of the Sg George Cross in a book? Help - it would be amazing to get at least a narrowed down list! :jumping: