News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just in, Trio with the Bavarian War Service Cross

Hello Everyone,

This is the latest addition to my Imperial German collection.

I believe the middle cross is the Bavarian War Service Cross.

I liked it because it has all crosses in the group.

What are the opinions of the members? Is is a genuine group?

Thanks for your assistance, I'm still learning.

Regards

Brian

Please accept this in the spirit presented - help not being a twit.

Verdienst = Merit not service - that is a Military Merit Cross not War Service Cross.

Assistance is always welcomed and never taken in a bad light, it's the only way to learn and I thank you for that.

Your information makes this a much more intreresting group, at lease to my way of thinking.

Regards

Brian

Sorry Brian, we were talking in "german".... MVK = Militär-Verdienst-Kreuz = Military merit cross

The one on your bar is the lowest class of this cross for regular soldiers or lower class NCO`s : MVK 3.class with swords , the typical bavarian standart award during ww1 for soldiers.

For upper class NCO`s the cross had a additional crown over the swords and then came the two higher classes with enameled centre - very nice award.

The officer version is the blue enameled MVO = Militär-Verdienst-Orden = military merit order , that came in several classes too...

You will find nearly all classes of the cross and the order when you search the forum for older threads...

cheers :beer:

Heiko

Sorry Brian, we were talking in "german".... MVK = Militär-Verdienst-Kreuz = Military merit cross

The one on your bar is the lowest class of this cross for regular soldiers or lower class NCO`s : MVK 3.class with swords , the typical bavarian standart award during ww1 for soldiers.

For upper class NCO`s the cross had a additional crown over the swords and then came the two higher classes with enameled centre - very nice award.

The officer version is the blue enameled MVO = Militär-Verdienst-Orden = military merit order , that came in several classes too...

You will find nearly all classes of the cross and the order when you search the forum for older threads...

cheers :beer:

Heiko

Hello Heiko,

Thank you for the information and I will indeed be searching through the old threads. Where else can one find so much information about so many topics all in one place other than at GMIC.

Regards

Brian