News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French Imperial Collar?

Linasl

Greetings All.

I have an interesting "collar" that I believe is Imperial French (three fleur-de-lys). I assume this is of military origin. I have attached a low resulution photo on this post, but you can see a number of high resolution photos on one of my PhotoBucket albums, following this link:

http://s752.photobuc.../linasl/Collar/

I have several questions:

1. is this Imperial FRENCH?

a. if not French, do you know what country?

2. does it look original?

3. do you know from which Imperial epoque this is from (Napoleon, Louis XVIII, Charles X, Louis Philippe)?

4. who would have worn this / was it an award, a ceremonial piece, etc?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Linas

Thank you Michael.

So as Ulsterman said, it is probably pre-1792 French monarchy. Would you agree?

Since I typically only deal in medals, I have no idea about gorgets. Any guess on the value of such an item?

Thanks to both of you.

Linas

well, they cost a lot more than they used to that's for certain. May we see the back please? there were gorgets made in the UK for exiled troops and I'd love to see if this was one of them with a UK hall mark.