News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Woman's Taisho Enthronement Medal

Dieter3

New arrival. No case unfortunately, but I figured they are uncommon enough that it was well worth it. In pretty good condition overall, some light soiling, a few small issues. Medallion is pretty nice I think. Would love to see a picture of a case, anybody have a pic.?

• 3 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...

Managed one with a case, nice crisp ribbon, tarnishing but I don't think I'll touch it. I found it interesting that the top piece of the case is actually two separate pieces of wood:

post-6375-057249100 1294551205_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Notice, the pin attachment is somewhat different from the pic. in post #2. I guess there were a few different designs.

Look practically identical to me ;)

Nice piece! :cheers:

P.S. Please send all extra pieces to me. I collect these by stamp differences :whistle::lol:

Look practically identical to me ;)

Look closely - see the latest one - the pin is attached at the edge of the metal plate, and you can't see it from this view, but it actually appears that the the pin and the catch are one piece of wire that runs along the back of the metal plate.

The other one (first one) is two bits of wire soldered in place. Notice the pin is not attached at the edge of the metal plate, but penetrates through a hole more inward. You can't see it either, but the back of the pin's wire just has a small curved tab. The catch part of the wire is only soldered, it doesn't penetrate the metal plate at all.

Look closely - see the latest one - the pin is attached at the edge of the metal plate, and you can't see it from this view, but it actually appears that the the pin and the catch are one piece of wire that runs along the back of the metal plate.

The other one (first one) is two bits of wire soldered in place. Notice the pin is not attached at the edge of the metal plate, but penetrates through a hole more inward. You can't see it either, but the back of the pin's wire just has a small curved tab. The catch part of the wire is only soldered, it doesn't penetrate the metal plate at all.

Sure I noticed that, but in my system of identity (my system though is not like most 657c1a9f7aa711e754e343900b08ea11.gif) they are identical ;)

P.S. How about these extras? :whistle:

Edited by JapanX

• 2 years later...

Here is the attachment mechanism from this new one and a photo of the attachment from one of the other ones above. This new one seems to have a nicer quality, better refined one in my opinion:

One odd thing I find though is this stitching in the middle. I have no idea what it is for - perhaps the maker felt a need to do this to tighten up the ribbon, or it is some kind of repair, or maybe it just slipped out from underneath the band that should be hiding it? Whatever it is, it seem totally unnecessary. Note too the choice of a yellowish-orange thread instead of white! Newbie medal maker? Kinda cheesy! :lol:

One odd thing I find though is this stitching in the middle. I have no idea what it is for - perhaps the maker felt a need to do this to tighten up the ribbon, or it is some kind of repair, or maybe it just slipped out from underneath the band that should be hiding it? Whatever it is, it seem totally unnecessary. Note too the choice of a yellowish-orange thread instead of white! Newbie medal maker? Kinda cheesy! :lol:

attachicon.gif3.JPG

Usual story.

Especially for sacred crowns ;)