News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iron Cross Masons

Chris Boonzaier

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

nice, that must a a collecting theme in itself, mason badges with a military theme...

I'm involve in reenacting the War of 1812 here in Canada (a small sideshow of the Napoleonic wars) and one of our regiments is the 8th (Kings) regiment. Most of the officers and some of the men wear Masonic badges with an "8" and a square. I've always assumed that the 8th had a travelling lodge over here, but will ask next time I see one of them.

Rudyard Kipling has at least three short stories on this theme too - military lodges - as well as the famous "The man Who Would Be King", in which two british soldiers of fortune become "Kings of Kaffiristan" because they wear Masonic badges which match the symbols left behind in deepest darkest Afghanistan by Alexander the Great! great story and not a bad movie either. :P

Peter