News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

that the original owner was too lazy to write details on the back.....

..an unknown staff....

This photo haunted me. I thought of it last week when I was visiting the old state capital in Springfield, Illinois, USA. The building was used by the state government in the 1800's until the new/larger one was built.

Inside, in one of the rooms where the State's representatives meet, there is an enormous painting behind the chairman's desk of the 1st US President -George Washington. A figure that would have been well known to everyone. And I do mean EVERYONE, from every citizen and every child and certainly every Representative preceding there. I moved closer to read the small caption at the bottom. Would it be the date, the dedication, or the artist? It simple said “George Washington".

No kidding I thought. They bothered to put a brass name tag on the most ubiquitous figure in the nation’s history (certainly up to that point) but the photographer of the above staff didn't even bother to put the unit number down on the back.

[sorry for the tirade]