News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police long service and good conduct medal in Welsh

Hi Guys,

Thought I`d bring this one to your attention.....

Basically a colleague in work has recently qualified for his LSGC, he has been asked did he want any correspondence & the medal naming in WELSH!!!!

I`m curious to know whether anyone else has come across this & am I now right in thinking that there are Police LSGCs that have now been minted in Welsh instead of English?

Good points all round there (pardon the pun). Seems more likley that it`ll be the engraving. I doubt they`d do anything to the Queens side, but thought they might have tranlated the reverse, but on reflection that does seem unlikely, but not impossible when you consider the Welsh Language Act......

• 11 years later...

Interesting- if the Reverse was translated from English to Welsh, 'For Exemplary Police Service' would appears as something like 'Ar Gyfer Enghreifftiol Gwasanaeth Heddlu'. (according to an online translator). 

On 19/07/2021 at 05:12, dpk said:

Interesting- if the Reverse was translated from English to Welsh, 'For Exemplary Police Service' would appears as something like 'Ar Gyfer Enghreifftiol Gwasanaeth Heddlu'. (according to an online translator.

Unfortunately the medal itself remains in English. It’s just the engraving of the rank which is done in Welsh. 

• 1 month later...