News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Grandfather: SGT. Paul B. Scott, L-Company 34th Infantry Regiment

2xvetran

This is my late Grandfather who got me started in collecting. SGT. Paul B. Scott, L-Company 34th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division WWII. His medals and awards include the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with bronze star and arrowhead. The American Campaign Medal, The American Defence Medal, The WWII Victory Medal, The Army Good Conduct Medal, The Bronze Star, and the Combat Infantry Badge. He shipped out for combat on Dec 8th 1941 and didn't return home until 1945. He served in New Guinea and at Biak Island in Indonesia. He is standing in my old collection room. Truly a member of the "greatest generation". Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127960260116.jpg.jpg]

Which landing did he do to get that arrowhead?

It's not indicated on his discharge but I would think that it wa Biak Island as I am pretty sure his unit wasn't on the initial landings at BUna in New Guinea. I sure wish he were still here to ask... Scott.