News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wish they were mine

2xvetran

Some gold and nickel weapons that I had very brief posession of while in Iraq. I am sure that these now reside with some retired Colonel or Generalmad.gif . Scott

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-12796041729.jpg.jpg]

Scott - are any parts of the weapons made from gold or, silver ? The alternative , of course, is that they were heavily plated. If Chris has seen some in museums it must have been another way of showing your wealth - as they say in Britain 'flash gits !'

If Chris has seen some in museums it must have been another way of showing your wealth - as they say in Britain 'flash gits !'

Hi,

I think they are heavily plated. I assume they are bought to be given as gifts to influential people. The ones I saw had been gifts to the Egyptian royal family.

best

Chris

Scott - are any parts of the weapons made from gold or, silver ? The alternative , of course, is that they were heavily plated. If Chris has seen some in museums it must have been another way of showing your wealth - as they say in Britain 'flash gits !'

The nickeled weapon was quite solid and of great quality, the gold ones seemed cheaply plated and were for flash as you say. Still, I would have loved to keep onetongue.gif . Scott.

Not as flashy as the previous weapons but I sure wish I could have kept one. We had to take these to a dump to be blown up. Now we have to rearm the Iraqi Armed Forcesbanger.gif . Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-128011520659.jpg.jpg]