News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BOER WAR DEVON REGIMENT TIN

BOER WAR DEVON REGIMENT TIN

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen....

To follow on the previous thread on the Boer War Ration Tin here is an addition......

Had to take photo from side due to glare.....

Please find attached some photos of the Devonshire Regiment Tobacco Tin..... Again I am afraid that this tin is empty as I have never seen a full one....

SIZE: 79 mm X 116 mm X 27 mm

Inscription on top of tin "SEMPER FIDELIS" - From the 3rd and 4th Battalions, to the 1st and 2nd Devon Regiment, South Africa, Xmas 1901".....

Inscription on bottom of tin "Manufactured by the Richmond Cavendish Coy. Lyed., Bonded Tobacco Works, Liverpool, England" down in corner is name Read Brothers, LPool, must be tin maker......

Top - Overall Green in colour with Gold, Red and Silver printing.....

Bottom - Gold with Black printing.....

Again I hate to say but this tin is quite rare as I have only ever seen 3 of them for sale in the many years that I have been collecting Boer War items.....

Mike