News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Crown Order 2nd Class with Swords by Godet

Hello friends,

I have a few questions about this nice Crown Order I hope the experts here can help me with.

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that the statutory blue ribbon actually belongs with this award (i.e., that this piece was awarded to a soldier in a foreign army allied to Prussia), what other neck-order could have been worn along with it? I am guessing something Bulgarian, or perhaps Turkish? Is there any circumstance in which another German decoration would have been worn with this KO2X, with this ribbon?

I ask because the ribbon, as seen below, has two buttons intended to attach another neck-order.

IMG_3307_1.jpg

IMG_3310_1.jpg

IMG_3325_1.jpg

I really appreciate your help.

Best,

Trevor

Edited by Streptile

If a KO2X on the BLUE ribbon is worn by a foreign officer the RAO2 is one of the last things that come in my mind... ;) I would guess that the second neck order should be one of his home country , maybe Bulgaria or Turkey or Austria....but not a second prussian / german order - but this is and will stay some kind of quiz show , you will never know for shure...

If a KO2X on the BLUE ribbon is worn by a foreign officer the RAO2 is one of the last things that come in my mind... ;) I would guess that the second neck order should be one of his home country , maybe Bulgaria or Turkey or Austria....but not a second prussian / german order - but this is and will stay some kind of quiz show , you will never know for shure...

Thank you both for your replies.

I understand that we can never know for sure which foreign order would have been worn with it, but is it possible to make a guess which would be likely? Let's say, from Austria, based on the range of ranks to which the KO2X would have been awarded?

I just can't think of a single possibility, as I am still learning this stuff, so a few ideas would be interesting to me. I'm really just curious about all this, nothing more serious than that.

Does anyone have a photo or painting of a KO2X in wear with another neck-order on a foreigner?