News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Cities of KM badge production

Very informative thread by GMIC member Norm F. on WAF. You do not need to be a member at WAF to view it I think.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451345

It is one of those nice research works that should be kept in a collector's notebook for reference IMO.

Good work Norm.

John

As i mentioned in the WAF thread,a great piece of work Norm and a wonderful reference for us all.

I realise that Norm's study is entirely based on German Manufacture,and Vienna.

I thought,seeing as Bacqueville of Paris was mentioned,perhaps we could include Yokohama,Japan.

Yes i know,only a Hilfskreuzer collector would bring this up. :whistle:

But HK awards were produced by an unknown jeweler in Yokohama and awarded to crewmen of the HK's serving in the Far East,namely the THOR and MICHEL.

Unlike the Baqueville badges we do have photographic evidence of the Japanese made awards being worn.

This would complete the list of cities involved in KM award manufacture,i think. :rolleyes:

Again,great job Norm.

Martin.