News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A new Wagner 1914 EK2 for the collection

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was my birthday, one seems to come along every year about this time, and because my wife and I were both working (Friday) we decided to go gift shopping today.

There is an antiques mall about an hour's drive from here that we only visit about once a year as it is not in the direction we usually find ourselves heading. While there we spotted a 1914 Iron Cross in one of the displays. I don't know much about the different manufacturers but I noticed that everything was as it should be and the ring was marked with a "W". So for my birthday my dear wife purchased the Iron Cross for me. This was a banner year for me as we just celebrated our wedding anniversary and she purchased a very nice Imperial group as my gift. It was posted last week.

My wife has quite the sense of humour and while we were driving back home she said, "That was quite the birthday gift for a wife to buy her husband...an old Nazi medal". I turned my head to correct her and noticed her grin as she said, "Got ya!"

Anyway enough of the reminiscencing.

The EK has the usual ferrous metal (magnetic) core and is made of three pieces. The core is loose and can be moved around very slightly so it is not a one piece construction. I believe the ribbon is an original.

I hope you like it.

Regards

Brian

Birthday presents are always nice but receiving something you really like, an Iron Cross for example is #1.

Nice cross, looks like an ivi or M

Chris

Yes, now you mention it, it could be an "M" but I don't think an ivi.

I don't have a lot of experience and have as yet to see one with the "W" and one with an "M" to be able to tell.

Regards

Brian

Yes, now you mention it, it could be an "M" but I don't think an ivi.

I don't have a lot of experience and have as yet to see one with the "W" and one with an "M" to be able to tell.

Regards

Brian

Could you post a larger photo of the maker mark Brian?

Chris

• 2 weeks later...