News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Held off on a trade... did I make a big mistake?

Hauptmann

Hi all. Hoping for a bit of advice here as to whether I did the right thingrolleyes.gif or if I screwed the poochspeechless.gif , although in this instance I can always make the trade so I have a life preserver.tongue.gif

Here's the deal... a friend wants to make a trade. His Beretta 96 pistol complete with lock, case, ammo (40 caliber) for my Chinese Norinco SKS rifle (well less than 100 rounds so basically pretty much like new). He's not intro'd in the military issued ones which I'd actually prefer so I left it that since Kim, Nick and myself all like the SKS if he can find me a military issue one to replace it and work it into the deal, even if I have to pop in a little something or a bit of cash to make it work then I'd strongly consider doing it.

His pistol does have one thing wrong... the clip release was removed at one point during cleaning and in this next pic you'll see there are two round looking pieces with a spring between them... well one of the round disk type pieces popped out during the disassembly and he's not been able to find it. He has the main piece and the other disc piece and spring. From what we've seen a full replacement would run about $20 to $40 range (does this sound about right?). He'd probably even be willing to get the replacement piece and get it put on if we work the deal.

So basically did I do okay holding off or am I an idiot and should I have gone for it and still consider calling him and going for it. He lives about 30 miles from here so can always get ahold of him there.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone can point me in the right direction here.

Many thanks!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Edited by Hauptman

Dan,

I just saw a full replacement part for $40. The picture is attached of the part. At least this gives you an idea. You can probably pick up a blued (black) one for the same price. I would be hesitant in only replacing one part, it would be better replacing the whole part. Just a thought.

Dean