News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents,

i need your help to find more information about this Hauptmann.

Here the infos i habe:

01.08.1902 Unteroffizier

28.04.1904 Vizewachtmeister

11.09.1907 Leutnant d. Res.

awards:

03.03.1914 Landwehr Dienstauszeichnung 2. Kl.

14.12.1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

26.03.1915 Hessen: Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen für Tapferkeit

He survived WW1 and myabe he was reactivated in WW2.

Regards Alex

Alex, I can find no other awards for him. A reservist/landwehr guy is really hard to track. If he was a NCO in 1902 he was probable to old for any significant service in WWII. He may have been in one of the peoples units at the end.

Hi Alex,

He was an engineer by profession. He was at Dieburgerstraße 72 in Darmstadt in 1908 and at Albinistraße 12, Mainz in 1911. His parent regiment was Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 27. He was promoted to Oberleutnant d.R. on 22.3.15.

Regards

Glenn

Thank you guys.

I have him as an Olt.d.R.. Did he been promoted to Hptm.d.R. during WW1 or after the war when he retired?

He is an Olt.d.R. on Mar. 1917 and at that time leader of Luftschifftrupp Nr. 5 at Duesseldorf.

Regards Alex

Who is who...??

The Hptm x Möschke was the commander of Feld-Luftschiffertruppe 29 when the War started (BOW).

Strangely Lt dR Wener Möschke served in the same unit in 1915 according to www.idflieg.de.

I have problems with that Oblt dR Werner Möschke was the commander of Luftschiffertrupp 5 in Mar 1917...Havent all the old units been renamed by that date..??

Anyway, I cant find Hptm Möschke later in the War within the German Air Force so I dont have promotions dates etc... he might have been promoted Major or he left the Air Force...

Anyone knew more about Hptm Möschke..?

:unsure:

Gunnar

Gunnar,

There was an Oblt. Möschke in IR 117 at the beginning of the war. His name was Erwin Möschke (born 03.07.1879) and he was promoted Hptm. on 05.09.1914. He survived the war, but I have no idea what assignments he had as the Ehrenrangliste shows only that he ended the war as a Major a.D.

Andy

Hi Gunnar,

yes there are two Möschke and they served in the same unit for a while.

I have EUGEN WERNER MÖSCHKE as Lt.d.R. at FestLTr 29 on 14.12.14

Then he was promoted to Olt.d.R. (22.3.15) still on FestLTr 29.

Another document from Mar 1917 gives him as Leader of Luftschifftrupp 5

still aas an Olt.d.R.

Regards Alex

Thanks Andy

Erwin Möschke is a probably candidate as the first commander of Festungsluftschiffer Truppe 29 despite his promotion date to Hptm is given as 5 Sep 14.

The similar lists for the commanders of Flying units at BOW seems to have been made after some months and dont include correction for ranks...

Anyone seen a summary list for the renaming of German balloon units in late 1916 - early 1917, similar to the list of renaming of flying units..??

Seems that German balloon units in WWI is an rather unexplored field...

:unsure:

Gunnar